|Compulsory Awareness Session||3rd, 13th and 19th May 2017|
|Interview||Week Commencing 17th July 2017|
|Drugs and Biometric Testing||14th August 2017|
|Fitness Test||14th August 2017|
|Health Check||Weeks Commencing 21st and 28th August 2017|
We're looking for talented, enthusiastic people to join Gwent Police...
Here you can find out all you need to know about our current career opportunities in Gwent Police, the different roles we offer, your eligibility and how to apply for a job with us.
Please note: we are aware that sometimes our emails can automatically go into your junk or spam folders. Please make sure you add us as a trusted contact.
Candidates should be aware that feedback will only be provided post interview.
Gwent Police are accepting transfer of Police SEARCH Assessment Centre results, to recruit new probationer Constables.
The criteria for transferring your results is as follows:
- You must have attended a Police Assessment centre with a Home Office Force (national SEARCH process).
- You must have sat your assessment centre within the last 12 months (i.e. not prior to March 2016).
- Your assessment centre pass must be an overall score of 50% or above. (Please note all minimum scores must have also been achieved).
- Candidates must hold a full manual driving licence, prior to an offer letter being issued.
Please send a copy of your official SEARCH feedback and a copy of your driving license to: [email protected]
Please be aware if successful at the sifting stage you will be required to be available for further assessments, the following dates (**estimated and therefore subject to change):
|Offer Letter Issued||15th September 2017|
|Intake Date||23rd October 2017|
Salary: Commencing on £22,896 The Chief Officer of Police shall assign to pay point 1 any candidate who meets at least one of the following criteria
- Possesses a Policing Qualification as defined by the Chief Officer as at least a Certificate in Policing NVQ Level 3
- Was, prior to appointment, serving as a Community Support Officer who has been signed off as competent to perform independent patrol and who have served a minimum of 18 months in the role
- Was, prior to appointment, serving as a Special Constable who has been assessed and has achieved ‘Safe and Lawful’ attainment to National Standards
Candidates not meeting the above criteria will start on Pay Point 0 - £19773
Closing Date: 23/06/2017 at 4pm
We are looking for a new member of the team to join our Learning & Development Department. You would be responsible for all vocational qualifications, learning programmes and accreditation schemes as the lead in the organisation, in accordance with local, national and awarding bodies.
Location: Vantage Point, Cwmbran
Salary: £24,813 - £26,535 pro rata
Hours: 22.12 per week
Closing Date: 27/04/2017 at 4pm
Gwent has beautiful surroundings and is within easy access of the motorway (M4) plus many other benefits including:
- Free parking
- Free gym facilities (at selected police sites)
- Effective Well-Being Package
Community Support Officers
We're looking for Community Support Officers to join our Neighbourhood Policing teams. The role is busy and varied and will include working with our communities and partners with the aim of reducing crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Click here for the Role Profile
- Click here for the Role Profile (Welsh)
- Click here for the Application Form
- Click here for the Application Form (Welsh)
Salary: £19,521 - £21,618 (plus shift allowance)
Hours: 37 hours per week on a shift basis
Closing Date: 02/05/2017 at 9am
Gwent has beautiful surroundings and is within easy access of the motorway (M4), plus many other benefits including:
- Free parking
- Free gym facilities
- Effective Well-Being package