- If you are visiting the UK you may be required under the Immigration Regulation Act 1972 to register with the Police
- This requirement will be found on your visa or in correspondence received from the Home Office Immigration Department informing you of your status
- Failure to register with the Police is a criminal offence which could lead to prosecution and could affect any further application to stay in the UK
As stated above, some foreign nationals, over the age of 16, who have the requirement to register imposed must report to the local police to register their details within seven days of entry into the UK. This is a legal requirement.
Countries to which this applies are listed below
|Bahrain||Israel||Palestine||United Arab Emirates|
|China (inc Hong Kong)||Kuwait||Saudi Arabia|
If you are required to register with the Police, you should report to the address below within seven days of arriving in the United Kingdom. Please contact the department for an appointment.
Foreign Nationals Registration Office, Gwent Police Headquarters, Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran, NP44 2XJ
Tel: 01633 642268
You will need to produce:
- Visa/biometric identity card
- £34.00 cash
- Two passport sized photographs
- Confirmation of your University/College placement or Work permit
- Confirmation of address (e.g. rental agreement)
- An Application for Registration of a Foreign National Form. It will save you a lot of time if you could complete this form and print it off prior to attending to register
Once you have registered, you must inform the Police of any changes to your circumstances within 7 days.
To report any of these changes you must attend at the Foreign Nationals Registration Office, in the Police area where you now reside.
You need to bring your Passport and Police Registration Certificate with you so that the Foreign Nationals Registration Office staff can update your Police Registration Certificate for you. There is no additional charge for changes.
Changes that need to be reported include:
- Change of address
- Change of employment/University/College or course
- Visa extension
- New Passport
- Change of marital status
If you have any questions regarding your Police Registration, please contact the Foreign Nationals Registration Office on 01633 642268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other immigration or visa queries visit the Home Office - UK Visas and Immigration website.