Filmmakers can request assistance with TV/radio documentaries or fictional programmes by contacting the Corporate Communications Team.
How do I request to film with Gwent Police?
- Email email@example.com
- Only written requests will be considered
- Please leave a contact number or contact details
- You will receive a follow-up call or email within 14 days of making your request
What should my request include?
To allow us to deal with your request quickly, please make sure you include:
- Whether the documentary or programme has been commissioned – if so, by who and its likely transmission date
- The purpose of the filming – do you aim to illustrate a particular point?
- Timescales - when would you like filming to take place?
- Preferred location, or the Force department that you wish to film with - and reason for this
- Whether you are filming with any other organisations or police forces. If not, why are you approaching only Gwent Police?
- References of previous filming, including a contact name and number
Why do requests need to be fully considered?
Sometimes, operational commitments mean that we can’t help as much as we’d like to. We need to fully consider:
- Sensitivity and legal status of subject matter
- The amount of work and resources involved for Gwent Police, given other commitments at that time
- Our ability to meet your filming timescales
- The agreement of relevant staff to be filmed
- The film’s possible benefits to the Force and the general public